Thursday, July 12, 2012

Weekend Projects

A year and a half ago, my boyfriend bought me a membership to one of our local bead shops.  The membership came with 6 free classes.  When I renewed my membership this year, I got 3 more classes.  For some reason, I have feared taking a class.

I finally took the plunge!  The class was great, and we made a wonderful bracelet with braided leather.  You would not believe that the hardest part of the whole piece was braiding the leather.  Ridiculous. I braid may hair almost every day; I should have been a pro.  I had a wonderful time my classmates were hilarious.  We all had so much fun.  I can't wait to take another class.


Beads and braiding



I made a lovely green (shocker) necklace over the weekend.  I'm trying to dwindle down my massive bead collection before I any buy more.  I'm sure there will be more green in the near future.



3 strands twisted strands of chips


I want to add a few charms to the chip rows, but don't know what beads to use.


I also took a stab at chainmaille.  I'm not done with this bracelet yet.  I might add another set of loops and a few charms.




No comments:

Post a Comment