Friday, May 9, 2014

Bead Soup Blog Party 8 Reveal


Today is the reveal of Bead Soup Blog Party 8!  This is my 3rd time participating and once again, I had a blast.  To see what I made for BSBP 6 and 7, click here and here.


A quick summary of the Bead Soup Blog Party rules.  You are assigned a partner for the Bead Soup Blog Party and you are to send your partner a set of beads, a focal and a clasp.  You have to use the focal and the clasp but do not need to put them in the same piece.   Then you blog the reveal for all to enjoy.

I was so lucky to be partnered with Lori Schneider of Bead addict.  Please visit Lori’s blog to see what she made with the soup I sent.  Lori is an amazing artist, has an incredible stash of beads and even makes her own polymer clay goodies.  I was fortunate enough to receive one of those goodies as the focal in my soup.  


Lori posted a teaser photo on her blog of my soup click here.  It was a beautiful kaleidoscope of colors with the essence of a peacock feather.  The colors were beautiful and I couldn’t wait to see the soup in person.  I hadn’t worked with a polymer clay focal before and was really hoping for one. 



The soup was a wonderful mix of blues, yellows, and blacks with butterflies (my favorite), lady bugs, two clasps and a fantastic handmade dual sided focal.  My only concern at this point, was how do I do this soup justice.




I got to work right away, testing ideas out to see what would stick.  Unfortunately, I ended up with more unfinished projects than finished ones.  I just couldn’t think of the best way to complete the design.  However, I did complete the main piece.  You can wear it with either side of the pendant facing out.  How fun!
Lori's handmade focal!










I love participating in the BSBP.  I meet new bead buddies, get exposed to new techniques, materials and colors.  I am always challenges sinice I rarely use focals/pendants in my typical creations.  I knew going into this one that I would be very busy, but I still wanted to at least finish the main piece and complete it in advance.  I often wait until the last minute when I am struggling to come up with an idea.  This time I set a goal and nailed it.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed my piece and please visit the other amazing artists.  Visit the Bead Soup Blog Party blog for the entire list of participants hereMany, many thanks to Lori Anderson for once again organizing this wonderful event.  Lori Anderson puts us BSBP participants first before herself, which is highly commendable and worth more than I could ever thank her.

To see the list of all of the participants blogs, please go to the Bead Soup Blog Party Blog: 
http://www.prettythingsblog.com/2014/05/welcome-to-8th-bead-soup-blog-party.html

40 comments:

  1. Hi, Mandi - Love your necklace! Such beautiful blues and you've really made them "pop" :) Fun to "hop" over and see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! It is great hoping together.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean when you said you wanted to do the focal justice. And I think you did it with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun mix and pretty necklace! Hope you find the perfect finish for the rest of your pieces soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to finish so more pieces soon.

      Delete
  4. You did a great job setting off the focal and I just love the colors! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your soup was very generous and you used it delightfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours that showcase that awesome focal so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a gorgeous soup you got and I really think you did that focal justice! I haven't worked with polymer clay before but I do quite love the look of that pendant and the fact that it's reversible :)

    Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! It was fun working with something new.

      Delete
  8. Your design for the necklace really compliments the lovely focal. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a necklace I'd wear....and I can't say that very much because I usually don't wear necklaces. Beautiful colors and you did that soup proud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were indeed blessed with a lovely blue and green soup ! I love how the little dagger beads give motion to the piece, like if it's going into a spiral when it's not really doing so. It's a neat little eye-catching illusion !

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful piece you made! i LOVE the spacers! so inventive and adorable!

    Linda A.
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rarely use focals either, but isn't it nice to stretch? This is a lovely necklace. The colors are great. Nice job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful necklace design. The organic movement in the bead strand goes well with the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful color. Like the simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mandi, you did a great job with your focal and necklace. What a fun focal, great that you can wear it either way. I'm glad you decided to join and play along again. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely necklace. You did a wonderful job with your soup

    ReplyDelete
  17. How handsome! You really did that focal justice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colours in your soup. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did it all justice, that necklace is wonderful! I can't wait to see what else you make!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Mandy! Awesome necklace! Fabulous color! Terrific balance ...where the necklace portion doesn't fight with.... but beautifully compliments and supports the focal! Really Soup-er!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous focal and you played up the colours beautifully, Mandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mandi, You showcased Lori's beautiful clay focal perfectly. Great job on your necklace. I wish you had shown the in progress pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You more then nailed it! I just love the necklace. The colors are right up my alley and love how you highlighted the focal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You got a great soup. I really like the necklace you made with that beautiful focal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the colour in your soup, the necklace you made is lovely!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely necklace! You've perfectly accented that beautiful focal.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh, you worked this out so fantastically. It's a lovely necklace. Is it just me. . .or does that necklace match your blog!? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous necklace, that color is spectacular and a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely mix. It just happens to be in my favorite color palette and your necklac beautifully compliments and supports that gorgeous focal.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the length of your necklace and the focal is stunning. The colors are awesome together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful colors and arrangement - the focal is center stage and the small beads and chips with the scarce silver tone spacers strand is very beautiful on its own.

    ReplyDelete